I came across the new Gemy Couture 2013 collection on Plan Your Perfect Wedding recently and wanted to share it with you .
There are some truly beautiful designs here. What are your thoughts?
Contact us for wedding planning support today.
At Weddings by Rachel we have been working closely with Llancayo House to put it on the wedding map. This beautiful little guest house in Usk has grounds for a marquee or smaller rooms for a more intimate wedding, and is currently undergoing licensing.
We will be working with them as the designated wedding coordinator to help every couple who are getting married there have the wedding of their dreams.
There are some fantastic offers available for last minute weddings this year or for weddings in 2013. Contact us today for more information or to arrange a visit.
I speak to a lot of couples who want to name their tables but don’t know where to start. Here is a bit of inspiration to get the ball rolling.
Different colours are a great way to name tables. If you’re going for bold and beautiful why not colour the tables appropriately too?
Use different songs that you both love to name your tables. You can even include some lyrics and play the songs later in the evening, challenging people who were on that table to sing and dance.
These can be real or fictional couples, such as Kate and Will and Johnny and June or Ross and Rachel and Homer and Marge! Why not include a picture of said couple on the table?
Flowers are a very romantic option for table names. Add one or two of the chosen table name flowers into an arrangement on each table to add something personal.
Now this is something a bit different. Who wouldn’t love to sit at Action Man’s table? Use photos (or even the hero themselves) to break the ice.
The Bride and Groom in Numbers
If numbers really are your thing but you want to make it a bit more fun, why not include pictures of yourselves at each of those ages? So table two would have pictures of both of you as toddlers!
For help pulling this and the rest of your wedding day together, contact Weddings by Rachel today.
1. Place disposable camera’s on each wedding table and ask your guests to fill up the cameras with pictures from your special day. This way you can process the films and enjoy pictures from your guests perspectives. It’s a cool and quirky way to see your day from your guests points of view.
2. Create a dropbox where guests can send you their favorite photograph’s from the day digitally. You can use a free file transfer website like http://www.dropbox.com which allows your guests to place the files in a shared folder at a high resolution. This means you can then print the images yourself.
3. Set up a drawing table for the children (and maybe the adults too!) and ask people to submit one drawing of their favorite memory from your day in to the drawing box. This will keep children and guests amused for hours and will also provide you with some creative memories of your day.
4. Create some fun with your guests and hire in some mini video camera’s to hand out. It’s a cheap and exciting way to film your day without the huge cost of a videographer and this way your guests can join in the fun. There are companies that send out the cameras and edit your wedding video for you like http://www.edityourwedding.com.
5. Have a Guest Book at the entrance to your Wedding Reception Venue. This way your guests can write special messages to you, which you can show to friends and family in years to come.
This Sunday Weddings by Rachel will be at the Eternity with Love wedding fayre at The Bear, Cowbridge. As a special offer at the wedding fayre, we will be offering a 10% discounts for consultations and bookings made on the day!
We will also be offering great offers for Eternity With Love’s members!
Come and see us and have a chat about how we can work with you to create a bespoke, unique and personal day for you both within your budget, saving you money along the way!
It can be so difficult to find the perfect wedding venue, especially when you are looking for something a little bit different. Here are three of Wedding by Rachel’s favourite South Wales wedding venues for couples looking for something a bit out of the norm.
This is a beautiful venue with the option of a fantastically refurbished barn or space for a marquee. The manicured gardens make for excellent photographs and the buildings themselves are breathtaking. There’s even a little cottage on site for the bride and groom to stay in for the weekend!
Photos from Gary and Sue Photography.
Another exclusive venue, Porthmawr Country House is in the centre of Crickhowell although you would think it is in a world of its own. The spectacular views allow for wonderful photos and the ceremony area leads onto the perfect area for a marquee for larger weddings.
This breathtaking castle in Rhoose is the perfect place for a fairytale wedding. The building itself is one of my favourites in the area and the interior is just as outstanding. Very traditional, this is ideal for any couple looking for something a little bit different.