At Weddings by Rachel we know how difficult it can be for plus size brides to find their perfect wedding dress. With so many bridal stores around and so few plus size dresses available for brides to try on, it can be hard to know where to start.
Here are some pointers to get you started on the hunt for your perfect dress.
- Look for dresses with a corset back – not only will they enhance your curves but will give you better support on your big day
- Opt for a full skirt with a wide hem as this will look very flattering
- If you are conscious about your arms, opt for cap sleeves or even a lace bolero or shrug for a bit of extra coverage
- If you do go for sleeves, avoid anything that is too puffy at the top and tight at the bottom as this can make arms look bigger than they are
- For busty brides, consider the type of neckline on a dress. It may be wise to avoid halter and sleeveless dresses and look for a portrait, sweetheart or square neckline – these can lengthen your neck without revealing too much
- All styles will look different on different brides, so it is important to make sure that you feel comfortable in a dress and most importantly, that you love the way it looks. These tips won’t be suitable for everyone but are good guidelines to give you an idea where to start
- Look online for plus size designer ranges to give you an idea of what you like the look of. These ranges are often modelled by plus size brides so it is an accurate picture.